The provision of quality, inclusive children’s services across Australia by a knowledgeable, skilled and confident education and care sector.
We aim to achieve our vision by:
- Being a leading provider of professional development and support;
- Framing our work around the principles of quality and inclusion;
- Ensuring our professional development offerings are well researched, accessible, responsive, and designed around the unique needs of educators and known adult learning principles;
- Being responsive to government agendas, initiatives and policy;
- Being an organisation characterised by sound governance, innovative leadership and effective management.
Our philosophy provides a foundation for achievement and success.
Our philosophy provides a sound foundation for achievement of our vision and aims for the professional development and support program within NSW. It is embedded within our Professional Learning Framework and realised through our everyday work and practice.
- We acknowledge the unique and diverse needs of adult learners and recognise that the most effective learning begins with existing skills and strengths. Through providing varied approaches in the delivery of professional development combined with sound and effective relationships, we believe learning opportunities are enhanced.
- We provide rich layers of instruction, teaching, facilitation, support and resources supported by research, evidence and contemporary adult learning theory and practice. We know that quality and consistency is achieved through thorough evaluation and critical analysis as a part of a continuing improvement process.
- We understand that learning is of the greatest value when concepts and actions are integrated into everyday practice, when growth and development builds further understanding of social justice, equity, inclusion and a deeper knowledge of education and care in the critical years of childhood.
- We believe collaboration is integral to the success of our programs as we expand influence and awareness within the sector through professional partnerships that deliver additional expertise, enthusiasm and commitment to the goals of professional development and support.
- We believe we play a key role in the learning continuum for the education and care sector, ensuring professional development experiences are of the greatest quality, optimise learning and provide inspiration and encouragement to move on to further education and qualifications.
This approach offers the greatest opportunity for individual and sector professional development and achievement of great outcomes for children, and more broadly, communities and society.